Extraction of teeth can be “awfully simple” or “simply awful”! And if you’ve ever tried, you will know where the frustrating phrase “it’s like pulling teeth!” came from.
Come learn how to make your life easier at our hands-on extraction lab.
The class includes:
- Lectures and Hands-On Wet Lab
- Oral analgesia and local block techniques
- Gingival flap design and planning
- Simple extractions using only hand instruments
- Surgical extractions of multi-rooted teeth
- Identification and retrieval of fractured tooth roots
- Tips and tricks to use on your very next procedure
- Oronasal fistula prevention and repair
- Maintenance and sharpening of instruments
Breakfast and lunch are included!
For the hands-on wet lab, we recommend starting with canine extractions if you have never taken a hands-on extraction lab before, even if you are most frustrated with cat teeth. The basic principles are easier to learn on a dog, and they apply very nicely to a cat later. Please ask for more information and let us know when registering for the class!
Access to dental radiographs will be provided at each workstation.
New Mexico state law requires that only veterinarians are allowed to perform oral surgery. Therefore, this class is limited to veterinarians only.
This class has been approved for 8 hours of CE Credit with the NM Board of Veterinary Medicine.
Location: 5 Camino Karsten Algodones, NM 87001
Time: 8:00am to 4:00pm
Our next scheduled classes are:
Canine: Postponed due to COVID-19
Feline: Postponed due to COVID-19
*Please call/text us to be placed on our waiting lists*
Class price: $625 + tax OR $1,195 + tax if signing up for both classes at the same time.
If you are interested in attending a class or being notified when the next one becomes available, please email Dr. Bannon or call 505-471-0747.
Want more info? Call or text us at 505-471-0747! You may also email us with any questions you may have concerning the course.