Patients are accepted on a referral basis for advanced dentistry and oral surgery procedures. These include, but are not limited to, root canal therapy, orthodontics, jaw fracture repair, treatment for stomatitis, advanced periodontal disease therapy, and major oral surgery such as cleft palate repair and oral tumor removal.
We require pre-operative blood work to be done with the primary/referring veterinarian:
- If your patient is less than 7 years of age, a comprehensive chemistry panel with electrolytes is required. A CBC and urinalysis are highly recommended, but not required. The bloodwork must be performed within one year of the dental procedure.
- If your patient is 7 years or older, we require a CBC and comprehensive chemistry panel with electrolytes. A thyroid profile and/or urinalysis is highly recommended, but not required. The bloodwork must be done within 6 months of the procedure.
- If your patient has oral cancer or a suspicion of cancer, we recommend 3-view thoracic radiographs prior to treatment.
- Our doctors will do a comprehensive examination of your patient prior to the dental procedure. If the patient has any special anesthetic concerns (heart murmur, seizures, kidney disease, etc.) additional diagnostics may be required.
- If the patient is scheduled to have Dr. Lukasik, DACVAA present, she requires a CBC, comprehensive chemistry panel with electrolytes, and urinalysis be performed within one month of the dental procedure.
- Please dispense a dose of Cerenia for the client to administer to their pet the night prior to a procedure with our clinic.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 505-471-0747.