Patients are accepted on a referral basis for advanced dentistry and oral surgery procedures. These include, but are not limited to, root canal therapy, orthodontics, jaw fracture repair, treatment for stomatitis, advanced periodontal disease therapy, and major oral surgery such as cleft palate repair and oral tumor removal.
We highly recommend pre-operative blood work. If this can be done at your office, it is preferable. However, it can be performed by our veterinary dental team if necessary.
- If your patient is less than 7 years of age, a 6-chem panel within the last 6 months would be acceptable.
- If your patient is 7 years or older, we prefer a complete chemistry profile within the last 30 days, and a thyroid profile if appropriate.
- If your patient has oral cancer or a suspicion of cancer, we recommend 3-view thoracic radiographs prior to treatment. If this is done at your office, please send the images with the client or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your patient has any special anesthetic concerns (heart murmur, seizures, kidney disease, etc) please let us know in advance of the appointment on the referral form. There are very few conditions that will completely prevent anesthesia for dental treatments, but modifications are likely and arrangements may need to be made prior to the appointment. We have the ability to bring in Dr. Victoria Lukasik, DACVA, for advanced and specialty anesthetic cases. Please call our doctors to discuss this further if you have a case that you believe needs an anesthesiologist available.
- We typically administer cerenia prior to the procedure for the anti-nausea effect. If medically appropriate, please dispense this medication to your client to administer the night before their appointment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 505-471-0747.